Why integrate SendinBlue with WordPress ?
MailChimp was the defacto alternative for anyone starting out with email marketing to get started free, and later upgrading to paid plans as required. Hence we had integrated MailChimp with WordPress umpteen times. You might wonder if that is so, why am I writing about how to integrate SendinBlue with WordPress.Recently MailChimp changed its pricing strategy, many clients started asking for more economical alternatives to MailChimp. Hence I started looking for one which is cost effective and integrates well with WordPress.
After combing through various discussions on quora and similar forums, narrowed down on these three
- Sendy : their home page shows cost comparison with MailChimp
- Mailerlite : cost comparison with MailChimp
- SendinBlue: cost comparison with MailChimp
Sendy is available for one time payment of $59 as on day of this article, however other two have free plans.
For this article, I will be covering how to integrate SendinBlue with WordPress .
If you are wondering how much does it cost, pricing is quite simple.
How to integrate SendinBlue with WordPress
- Signup for a free account on SendinBlue
- Follow the onscreen instructions and copy the API key for integration with API
- Download the WordPress plugin, install and activate it
- Follow the onscreen instructions and add the API key as requested
Once activated these are the dashboard options
Now you can
- Create new and manage lists in SendinBlue
- Add new forms to collect user information from users when they signup
- You can include the form wherever you want using a short code specific for that form
- Create and manage campaigns
Form creation with SendinBlue : SendinBlue provides very familiar interface
This is how campaign creation interface looks like
All of this without leaving WordPress dashboard !
Once you integrate SendinBlue with WordPress, please make sure that you have a working SMTP setup for this to work. You will have to confirm your email ID for this to work through this setup.
This will get you started with your email marketing right away.
To subscribe to our blog updates (via SendinBlue :-)), please subscribe to it below